Syncing (importing) through homeshare?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by onne2slick, Jun 11, 2010.

1. onne2slick macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but i'll give it a try.
    I'm currently looking for a way to keep both of my computers updated with music. Such as, if I download new songs on my main computer (PC - desktop) I want my MBP to have the song as well, without having to manually download it on the MBP.

I read about homeshare through iTunes, and watched tutorials of it through YouTube. It was great...

The only thing was, when I have homeshare on.. I cannot drag my desktop libary into my MBP library. There is no import or settings button located on the bottom of itunes, if anyone knows what i'm talking about, please help!!

I cant drag the content onto my MBP library

PS - None of my music are purchased. It's downloaded illegally.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I was ready to help until I read that line. Why would you proudly announce that? It's not like it matters where you got your music, you just need to know how home sharing is supposed to be used.

Try the iTunes help files.

3. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

I don't care if people know I steal or not, it's not a big deal for me. It's the culture of this generation. But anyways, I noted that because several tutorials, were directly about purchased items.
    I also read on Apple - iTunes, that you can automatically sync purchased items, so maybe.. I thought the tutorials I viewed on YouTube, were users that purchased music through iTunes.