Syncing in mobileme with 2 devices at the same time

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by orpheus1120, Jul 19, 2009.

1. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2008
    This thought just came to me and I've yet to test it out. I would like to gather some thoughts from you guys first.

Here's the scenario:-

Say I have a mac in the office configured to sync to my mobileme account, and this is tendered by my secretary who is in charged of updating my appointments etc on my ical. I on the other hand has the iphone with me, set up with my mobileme account as well. Let's just say the content currently over at the cloud, mac and iphone is A hypothetically.

Now if the both of us are to update the calendar on the 2 devices simultaneously, lets say I added content B, and she added content C, how would mobileme handle these changes?

Would it reflect content:

1) A+B at the cloud, or :-
    2) A+C, or :-
    3) A+B+C?

Logically, I would expect mobileme to be able to handle multiple updates to a single account simultaneously. So naturally, I would expect none other than outcome 3 to be the logical conclusion.

2. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

Dec 19, 2008
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Nice scenario.

Firstly, the idea of simultaneously is an exact science in itself.

But, the idea of you both adding something at a very close time isn't far from the real world.

Naturally the 'cloud' ( will just merge both events coming. So in your post, thats c) A+B+C.