Syncing Individual Songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jswoosh, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Jswoosh macrumors member

Ok so I have 4683 songs on my itunes which equals 23.97 gb. I only have 4375 songs on my phone but some how it comes out to 24.1 gb. I'm guessing its because of playlists. Due to pictures ect I have about 1 gig of space left on my phone. Since I'm constantly getting music I want to have ample space for when I re-sync my phone on a weekly or so basis. I've managed to delete artists from my phone and even albums but for some reason I have yet to figure out how to just delete individual songs. If I could do that it would be a lot easier for me to narrow down my song count on my phone because I have some albums where I only like maybe 4-5 out of 12 songs or so.

I have one idea which would be unchecking the little boxes on the left of the songs but I feel they wouldn't since the songs have already been synced to my phone.

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

hey,,,,,why not make a playlist in iTunes called "iPhone Music" or similar and put all your songs you wish to sync on it......then,,,,,u can add or subtract songs from the playlist and when u sync it will update your phone automatically.
    ps.....u will need to resync your iPhone with this playlist initially.....but after that it makes things easier.....

In case u dont know,,,,,,the Music tab in itunes is the place where u can select what playlist (or indeed all the library music) to sync.......
    good luck!

3. JamesMB, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I'm not certain, but it could be metadata embedded in the songs.

This will work if you select "Sync only Checked Songs And Video" on the summary tab.
    Another option would be to select "manually manage music and videos". This option allows you to have drag and drop capability between the phone and iTunes.

4. Jswoosh thread starter macrumors member

Yea thanks but I like to have most of my songs on my phone. I have a workout playlist ect and it wouldn't make sense for me to just have one playlist of everything. Also I do know where the music tab is and it only lets me delete albums/artists not songs.

Yes thats the option I have but it won't allow me to just go into my itunes on my phone and delete songs.

5. JamesMB, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I gave you two options, if you choose the first, then remove the checkmarks next to the songs that you want to remove, and sync your phone.
    You are incorrect in saying that playlists wont do what you want. They certainly will.
    You might also have a look in iTunes HELP, as all of this info can be found there.

6. Jswoosh thread starter macrumors member

Ok my mistake, I read that as one option for some reason and yea I'll try that next time I sync.

7. beentomb macrumors newbie

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

That is incorrect information. iTunes is perfectly capable of adding songs to an iDevice.