iPad Syncing, iPad Air and wiress drives

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KhunJay, Apr 30, 2014.

1. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

Im very happy with the sandisk wireless media drive 64 gb. Specially since my ipad air is only 16gb.....this takes care of all my storage problems.

I use the drive to load pdfs which i transfer to ibooks without opening itunes.

My question....if i connect to itunes with my ipad, for a sw update or a backup, what will happen if i hit the sync button.....will it erase all the pdfs i transferrred from my sandisk drive or will it add them to itunes. I do not want the latter to happen.

Am i better off just leaving the sync button alone?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Not sure but it seems like it might. I'd stay away from sync until you know 100% what will happen.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I load PDFs into iBooks from sources other than iTunes, and when I connect I do a "transfer purchases" command, which is somewhere in iTunes, and it copies the PDFs frm iPad to the computers however, this is with an iPad that is periodically synced with my computer. I'm not exactly sure what would happen when you connect an iPad that's never been synced before.

But you say these PDFs are on a Sandisk wireless drive, right? So if they get deleted off your iPad, couldn't you copy them from Sandisk to computer and sync them back?

4. KhunJay thread starter macrumors regular

KhunJay

Thanks for your input both....appreciate it.

I think i will stay away from sync for now altho i see no harm in transferring purchases....that just involves updating the apps i think.