iPhone X Syncing iPhone 2 favourites playlists

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mrochester macrumors 68000

Hi all

I have a playlist called 'Favourites' on my MBP. I sync this to my iPad and iPhone. When I sync to the iPad, everything works as expected and any new tracks I've added to the playlist on the Mac get added to the same playlist on the iPad. However, when I sync my iPhone, instead of overwriting the existing favourites playlist on the phone, a second one is created called 'Favourites 1' which gets synced back to the Mac. I end up with two favourites playlists; one with the old set of tracks in and one with the new set.

Does anyone know how to get the iPhone to stop creating a duplicated playlist when syncing with the Mac?

Many thanks.

M

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

That might just be how iPhone music app works. I am bugged by that for a long time, even back in iOS 9 era. And you guessed it. Apple changed nothing to improve.
    My solution is to change everything on Mac. This could improve a little bit.

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 68000

I do change the playlist on the Mac. I don’t change playlists on my devices.

4. axantas macrumors regular

axantas

Did you try to give your playlist temporarily a completely different name, sync that, remove everything „Favourites“ everywhere and see how it works.

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I have a duplicate playlist created every once in awhile. I go into my iTunes on my Mac and delete the playlist1 and then sync all of my IOS devices, which seems to clear up the issue.

6. mrochester thread starter macrumors 68000

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing but I just don’t want it to do it in the first place!