Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rxl125

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
If I check my mail throughout the day on iPhone, how can I
not have my home computer not get the message too?

wenglish

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Have you tried Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> (select the Comcast account) -> Advanced -> Delete from server -> When removed from Inbox

I would expect that to work, but have not actually tried it.

Mike

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I think the best way to check email on two devices is to use IMAP as long as your ISP supports it. That way, all messages stay on the server and you can read them on your iPhone or computer without losing them. Check on the Comcast website and see if they have settings for using IMAP and then set your iPhone and your computer to use IMAP instead of POP.

wenglish

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
I think the best way to check email on two devices is to use IMAP as long as your ISP supports it. That way, all messages stay on the server and you can read them on your iPhone or computer without losing them. Check on the Comcast website and see if they have settings for using IMAP and then set your iPhone and your computer to use IMAP instead of POP.

Agreed. I use IMAP for Gmail, but the OP is using Comcast which doesn't support IMAP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.