Syncing iPhone & Apple wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Veritas&Equitas, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Well, from what I've read in numerous threads, it seems that the iPhone will not pair with the new Apple wireless keyboard, which is a shame, because the possibility of this happening is awesome. I would barely even need my MBP anymore ;)

My question is: Is there some hardware restriction with the iPhone bluetooth so it can't physically do this, or does anyone know if it could be possible in the future for an iPhone software update that would allow for this to happen?

2. SRSound macrumors 6502

its is possible, the software is in place and just needs the right software to make it functional.

3. forrie macrumors newbie

Wireless keyboard pairing for iPhone

What's the status on this, if anyone knows? Are there any wireless keyboard combos out there that will pair correctly with the iPhone?

Would be great for note taking and general data entry. Also, if someone comes up with a basic document creation/management program (mini-word processor) that would be a great combination to have - and viewing PDFs.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Not just software Kiddies...

I am not sure that this is JUST software.

The version of BT also needs support this functionality, because I know for a fact that the iPhone's version of BT is not that up-to-date as others. For instance, the iPhone's version does not support text messaging in Microsoft's SYNC technology -- a known feature for many other versions.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

But I agree, that would be pretty wicked functionality.

6. N9QGS macrumors newbie

Wireless Keyboard with iPhone

Im not totally sure why Apple myself has not released this i converted over from a Palm unit and there was no shortage of portable keyboards and I DID use the device to type notes.

I really don't see why Apple has completely overlooked this or has not stated why its not an option yet. Sometimes Apple does frustrates me in there "thinking". They can sell many of there keyboards by introducing this. I have had the phone since July and I still can type 3 times faster on a keyboard then the iphone, I may try a stylus to see if I can get a little faster that way. but oh well. Maybe in the next software release will see it. People at the Apple store seem to think it can work with a keyboard but then they are even surprised when they attempt it in the store.

Ron