Syncing iPhone calendar from PC and not using Outlook calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KentuckyHouse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Ok guys, I'm hoping you can help me out on this one. I'm gonna try and explain this as simply as possible (as it's for my dad, so I'll have to explain it to him the same way)!

My dad likes using the native iPhone 3G calendar for keeping his appointments. However, he doesn't use the calendar in Outlook, so when he needs to enter something into the iPhone calendar, he has to do it right on the phone.

What he'd like to do is be able to enter the info into a PC-based calendar via the keyboard (he says it's much faster because of the amount of info he's entering), and then have it sync the info into the iPhone calendar. Again, HE DOES NOT USE THE OUTLOOK CALENDAR.

So what I'm basically asking is this...is there a PC-based calendar program that he could use that would then allow iTunes to sync his PC-based calendar to his iPhone calendar?

I know this sounds like a stupid question and I've read through literally 50-60 threads to try and find some info. I thought I'd found a solution in Google's app, but he really wants it to be PC-based and not have to get online to enter things into his calendar.

Any help or direction you guys could give would be great! Thanks!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

So, if I get this right he currently isn't using any calendar program on his PC, right?

Is there some reason why he can't/won't use Outlook Calendar?

An alternative solution would be to use any calendar program that syncs with google calendar, and then the google calendar will sync with the iPhone. I think Mozilla has a calendar program that will do that.

3. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Does he have a Mobile Me account?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

swiftaw, you're correct...he's not currently using any calendar on his PC. I'm not really sure why he doesn't/won't use Outlook's calendar, but after reading your responses, it sounds like that's going to be his best bet. I may just have to smack him around an get him to understand that!

He doesn't have Mobile Me either. I actually mentioned that to him a few days ago, but I've found with him if it seems complicated (even if it isn't) he loses interest fast.

Alright, I really appreciate the responses, guys. It looks like the answer is to convince him that using the Outlook calendar is the easiest/least complicated way to go.

Thanks!