Syncing iPhone Calendar to my Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrbrycel, Jan 4, 2013.

1. mrbrycel macrumors member

I just got my Macbook Air, and I'm new to 10.8.2 (I've been running 10.5.8 on my mac pro for the past 5 years). One thing I was excited about was setting it up to where my iPhone's Calendar would automatically sync to my Mac, but I can't seem to get it to work. My notes, reminders, contacts, everything else sync fine. But none of my Calendar events are showing up on my mac.

When I go into my Calendars on my iPhone, the calendar I've been using is called "work" and is under the "on my iPhone" section. But when I look into syncing, both on my iPhone and my Mac's Calendar, I only get the option to sync my icloud calendar, or to one of my other email addresses. How can I get my "on my iPhone" calendar to sync to my Mac?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you setup (on your 10.8.x Mac) the System Preferences->iCloud and also setup iCloud in your iPhone?

3. mrbrycel thread starter macrumors member

Yes, technically I think it is syncing my "iCloud calendar", but I have never used it so it is empty. I want it to sync my "work" calendar which on my iphone is under "on my iphone". If there was some way I could copy all the events on that calendar to my iCloud calendar, I think they would be showing up right now.. But I'd prefer to find a way just to sync my current calendar.