Sync'ing iPhone Contacts with MacBook's Address Book

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by james-bailey, Nov 17, 2010.

1. james-bailey macrumors regular

Hey folks, just bought my first Mac which has an empty address book and I am just wondering if it is possible to transfer my iPhones contact list with the Mac's address book.

And then if and when I make any changes or additions to either then they will sync when my iPhone is plugged into iTunes?

Also, similar question with my iPhone callender and iCal?

After having a bit of an experiment, it seems that anything I add on my mac (whether its adding a contact to address book, or adding an event in iCal) It appears on my iPhone after sync, but cannot seem to download any data from my iPhone to Mac...

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Thanks in advance,

James

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You don't have "replace stuff on the iPhone on next sync" or whatever it actually states in iTunes checked off, correct? Otherwise, it's a two-way sync.

3. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

I think I have seen that somewhere, however I wouldnt want to risk loosing the infornation on my iPhone as that selection may suggest considering I have a virtually empty address book on my mac?

Cheers

James