Syncing iPhone/iPad On iTunes On A New Windows PC

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Mr.C, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm asking this on behalf of an extended family member. The Windows PC computer they normally sync their iPhone and iPad with isn't working any more. They want to sync them on a new Windows PC computer by setting up a new iTunes account. Can this be done without all the content being erased from the iPhone and iPad when syncing to the new PC. If so how. I don't know if they have an iCloud account or not. Can they set up their existing Apple ID on there and then sync. Can they upload everything to an iCloud account and then sync. I'm at a bit of a loss with this as to what they can do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I don't know when I read this thread, are your family members going to set up a new account.
    In my personal experience, you don't need to set up.
    All you need is your entire existing iTunes library, and an existing account, with less than 5 PC or Mac authorized for playing content.
    Currently, iTunes will erase all contents you have on your iPhone or iPad or iPod or whatsoever (except apps) if you sync your device to a new library. Be Ware!
    Uploading everything to iCloud could be a costly option, since your library may be over 5GB, and uploading time could be very long (typically more than 1 hour, I think).