Syncing iPhone photo library with another macbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by povsicf, Jul 22, 2009.

1. povsicf macrumors member

I recently got rid of my powerbook g4 and got a macbook. I have the iphone 3GS and want to get all my pictures on my phone including my camera roll and my albums onto iphoto in my new laptop. When I plug in the iphone iphoto is only picking up the pictures in my camera roll in my phone and not all the other albums. How would I go about transfering all my pictures onto iphoto. Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This program will do it. It's $20 but it does other things too, so it's a pretty good price.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

But photos are shrunk and heavily compressed when they copy to the iPhone, so what you get back won't be full sized. You didn't save any of your files before getting rid of the laptop? :confused:

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

When getting a new computer, you should transfer all of your data to the new computer. Or keep it backed up on a separate hard drive. The iPhone is NOT meant to be a backup of your stuff. The iPhone will only sync with 1 computer, when you get a new computer it will want to erase and sync with the items on that new computer. Which works fine if you copied over your data to sync.

Now your only option is to buy one of those programs that can pull data off your iPhone and put it back on your computer. Keep in mind, things on the iPhone are optimized and resized to save space and fit the iPhone screen better. So the photos you get back, won't be full sized.