Syncing iPhone Settings...How to?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by pmcjr, Jul 13, 2013.

1. pmcjr macrumors member

I have never used iTunes to sync my iPhone 4S/iOS6 and have only used iCloud backup. At someone's urging, I am now also using iTunes 11. I can't find anywhere where it says it syncs iPhone Settings in addition to Contacts, Calendar, Mail, etc. That's why I went to iTunes thinking it would. Is there a way to sync and/or backup your phone's Settings should you get a new phone and wish to use the same Settings?
    Thank you.

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I think it does it automatically as long as you set it up from a backup, either through iTunes or iCloud. I am pretty sure that is what happened when I got a new phone a few months ago.

3. pmcjr thread starter macrumors member

I think this is right...having read more in Apple Support topics. A part of my problem was symatics or definitions. Syncing does create a Backup, which according to Apple Support (iPhone Syncing) includes Settings. When setting up a new device, iTunes gives you the option to Restore From Backup. Hopefully, Settings would be included.

4. meashish macrumors member

meashish

itune backup

hey frnds
    as ur posts . itune take backup of whole iphone include settings ,call logs ,contacts, notes ,pics mail settings as well,
    its encrypted backup file. when u setup new iphone is ask to restore from itune backup or icloud backup. you can restore from itune backup to new iphone
    definitely n sure old iphone settings will restore to new iphone

5. pmcjr thread starter macrumors member

Thank you