Syncing iphone to Air - assistance needed!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macdent, Nov 4, 2008.

1. macdent macrumors newbie

Now that I am up and running, I wanted to sync my iPhone and apps.
    I was hoping for an easy attach the iphone, connect to iTunes and the Air would recognize my data, apps, etc, and transfer them. NO - if I try to sync then all is lost to the new iTunes library!!
    I know you guys are way ahead of the curve here so decided to go to the forum for help - please assist.
    Cheers!

2. DaveOZ macrumors regular

Safest way is to copy your iTunes library to your Air from wherever you had it before. Then sync the iPhone.

3. macdent thread starter macrumors newbie

What if you do not want all your iTunes library on the Air - do you just delete the stuff you do not want??

4. munckee macrumors 65816

You can run your iTunes library off an external drive too. I do that at home via a wired drive and at work via wireless connection.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes and no.
    Yes you can copy your iTunes folder to your Air, but the Air will be seen as a new computer regardless. Your best bet would be to back your phone up on your old machine first and see if you cannot copy that backup to your new computer. I tried that and it worked.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Make sure you have a back-up, then you can transfer your iTunes Library using Senuti (just google it)...:cool:

7. macdent thread starter macrumors newbie

how do you B/U an iphone?

Jessica,
    How did you back up your iPhone - I have it connected to my old Mac and did sync but cannot see how to back it up.

8. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica