Syncing Iphone to new computer, Need all the music on IPhone to be saved.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abarth1200, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hi so as per title, I have upgraded to a new OS and so I have just installed iTunes.

My old sync was with my laptop. All music was taken off and external HDD which I have connected to my new computer.

How do I get the currently installed music from my iphone to my new computer?

Do I have to copy the iTunes library file into my Music folder on my new computer, or do I have to copy the whole music folder over, which I dont want to do as I have some new albums on the iphone I dont want to lose.

Also a lot of apps and contacts, will Cloud sync these for me?

Its very hard for me to ask the right question as I want to ensure I get the right response.

New computer, iphone (also on laptop) full of purchased music/apps that I need on my new computer. HELP!?

2. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

3. wpotere Guest

I think you are going to find that nobody wants to answer this as it has been covered numerous times.

Since the release of the iCloud, you can download music and apps as many times as you like, just not movies. Create your new library on the new computer with everything and then sync.

4. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep I did find a load of posts when I searched but nothing specific enough for my exact situation, also I have had it with trolling through countless threads only to find the question wasnt answered in the end.

JUST LIKE THIS ONE WILL END UP LIKE.

P.O

5. wpotere Guest

Did I not answer part of your questions?

The other bit is that if you can't ask a specific question, we can't give you an answer.

As for the cloud, if you sync to it and then login to the cloud with a new device the items on the cloud will get pushed down to the new device. Simple enough...

6. Abarth1200 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Ill likely stick to googling and trolling through old posts

7. dotme macrumors 6502a

If your new albums on the iPhone are albums you purchased from iTunes, the worst you'll have to do is redownload them. They'll be in your "purchased" area on iTunes.

As for the old stuff, I usually move the library, apps AND music to the new machine. Everything.