Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShivneelSingh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Hey guys, I have a little problem here. I'm going to be selling my MacBook soon, but buying a new one, is there any way I can still be able to sync my iPhone to the new MacBook without erasing it? I have text messages, app data, etc. and don't want to erase any of it.
I've already backed up my iPhoto, iTunes, and documents.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Make sure you move your iTunes library over to the new one and you'll have no issues. Basically, move it to the new MB then point iTunes to that library file (with iTunes not running, option + click on iTunes [I think]).

ShivneelSingh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Make sure you move your iTunes library over to the new one and you'll have no issues. Basically, move it to the new MB then point iTunes to that library file (with iTunes not running, option + click on iTunes [I think]).

I just tried doing that with my other mac (iMac) but it didn't work. :(
Is there any other way? I know I've done it before but totally forgot how to do it.

Kashika

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Find your iPhone's backup files and move those to your new computer (using the same folder system of course).

When hooking your iPhone up to your new macbook, just let it make another backup immediately. Then just let it sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.