Syncing iPhone with Mac for Music and PC for calendar??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carrollf, Feb 9, 2009.

1. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else...

I want to know if I can sync my iPhone with my Mac for all my music, videos, movies etc.. but also with my PC laptop for my Outlook calendar? I have not found a way to sync my iPhone calendar with Outlook because I am on Oracle Collabsuite and not MS Exchange. Any advice anyone on either syncioing Oracle calendar or syncing with my Mac and PC? Thanks

2. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

You can only sync the iphone with one computer at a time, mac or pc.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This is the result of all of the regulars flaming noobs for not searching... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Mr. Rocker is correct. Plugging the phone into one computer will erase all data from any other.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Actually, yes, you can sync Music/Video etc from one computer and calendars from another. I know it works (or did work with iTunes 7) for multiple Macs, but I'm not sure about Windows and Macs. I don't do this myself.

First, make sure you're ok with the content on your iPhone being wiped if you do something wrong. If so, continue.

Plug into one computer, disable calendar syncing for the iPhone entry in the sidebar. Sync your music etc.

On the second computer, don't let it sync when you plug in the iPhone. Then enable only calendar syncing.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Since there seems to be some disagreement, I'll chime in with agreement for plinden. I do this on 2 Macs. I have my contacts and calendar synced with my work computer, and my music and movies synced with my home computer. There is *some* limitation as far as what can be synced from where- for instance, if I recall correctly, calendars must come from the same computer as contacts, and movies must come from the same computer as music, but it is possible to do what you're asking. At least it is with 2 Macs.

I don't see why it would be different for 1 Mac + 1 PC.

6. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Could you not use iTunes on the Mac for Music and then Mobile Me on the PC to sync the calendar??

Pretty hefty cost just for calendar sync, but it could be possible.

maybe Google Sync can help you better.