Syncing iPhone with new PC without losing apps/backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by plymman, May 9, 2010.

1. plymman macrumors member

May 9, 2010
    Hi All,

I've been syncing my iPhone with a netbook but now have a desktop PC I want to sync with. My question is this, I have 11 pages of Apps on my Iphone and dont want them to be wiped when i sync with this new PC. Will iTunes automatically create a backup and copy the apps to the PC when I sync it?

I also have some apps on my netbook that arent on my iPhone. If I can only sync with one PC at a time how can I get these apps to the new PC, do I need to download them again?

2. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    Step One: Copy the contents of your iTunes Library to the desktop. The easiest way to do that is to note where the library is stored, then consolidated the library, then copy it to the desktop, then point iTunes on the desktop to the library file you copied.

Step Two: Sync. The iPhone won't even know it is connecting to a different computer, and everything will work as it did before.

I've done this 3 or 4 time either after reinstalling my OS, or switching to a newer computer. It is just that simple.

3. plymman thread starter macrumors member

May 9, 2010
    Excellent, will give it a go, thanks for your response:)