Syncing iPhone with PC and Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XedLos, Feb 8, 2009.

1. XedLos macrumors member

How can i sync mt iphone with my PC and my mac? Currently i have my iphone synced with my pc and i want to have it sync with both. I have a jailbroken 2.2.1 iphone. Is it even possible? I think i read an article about syncing iphone with 2 computers but i dont think it is with pc and mac
    thanks

2. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Yes, it is possible. But you will have to alter some of your iTunes code. It's really complicated.

3. dilipc macrumors newbie

Could you please point me to instructions which would help me sync with both my iMacs -- I have one at home, and one at work. If I presently try to sync with my home one, it asks to delete data...

4. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

http://cnettv.cnet.com/?tag=hdr;brandnav

Go to the CNET Tech Shows tab and you should see an Insider Secrets, click it and the right hand side bar should have a video of how to sync one iPod or iPhone with two computers.

5. XedLos thread starter macrumors member

Does it matter if my iphone is formated on a PC?

6. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I don't think so.

7. 4hundred4tyfour macrumors member

I'm not sure about the whole Mac and PC thing, but i know there is an app in Cydia that allows syncing of two itunes library, it basically is just a toggle switch, one way for one library the other way for another.

8. XedLos thread starter macrumors member

Ok so i got my iphone to sync with 2 computers my pc and macbook.
    So now i want to transfer teh music that is on my iphone to my macbook. Is there a way to do this?
    Lets say im on my macbook and got some new music and i synced it with my iphone. Is there a way to have the other computer (pc) get get the new music i synced with my iphone from my mac so i dont have to do it manually.

9. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Move it to your PC.