Syncing iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Oliver G, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Oliver G macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3. The mac that I use to sync it with has died and I had to buy a new mac.

Is there a way I can transfer all my apps, music and calender entries to my new mac? The thing I really want to keep is the apps, as I have over one hundred. Is it also possible to keep all the saved things inside the apps (i.e: high scores, docs and saved settings?)

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yes, connect your phone to iTunes on the new Mac, right click on your phone in the left panel, and select "Transfer Purchases".
    Is it also possible to keep all the saved things inside the apps (i.e: high scores, docs and saved settings?) Yes, your app data will be saved.

If you have photos, contacts, music, etc, you can transfer that over to the new Mac as well, BEFORE your first sync.

3. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

Oh kay,

Put 2 contacts, just in case ^^
    Couldn't touch the apps though to make them move, should i do synch apps?
    But I guess it's not a big deal, as long as they are all back on my iphone after =)

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I suspect you have selected the wrong apps tab:) With your phone connected to iTunes, select the apps tab at the top, between ringtones and info. You will see the pages on the right, that correspond to the screens on your phone. You can drag apps around on that screen. Again this is not necessary, just makes it easier.

5. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

Argh sorry for all the questions,
    but do I do this in old library or new one?
    Because new one is greyed out and I can't move anything around =/ Should I select the : ''sync apps'' button ?

:eek:

6. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

oh god, my bad just realized i was answering in the wrong post !
    Sorry Oliver G!

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

In the new one, select "sync apps".