Syncing iPhones with Winodows Vista

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac000, Sep 5, 2008.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

What is the best way to sync my iPhone with windows vista? I cant seem to use the windows calendar to sync from iTunes.

Is there a way to use Windows Live as a mobile me alternative to sync my iphone and computers? Is there a mobile me alternative?

2. milani macrumors 68000

milani

You'll have to use Microsoft Outlook 2007 most likely. That's about the only native Windows Vista application that I know of that will allow you to sync your contacts and calendars with your iPhone. Alternately, if you have MobileMe, you can set up Outlook to sync with the cloud, so that your iPhone, your MobileMe via me.com, and your Outlook will all be in sync. That's what I'm doing right now. Just be sure you back up your contacts and calendars before you try to sync it to the cloud, so you don't accidentally wipe everything.

3. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have an iMac, iPhone and dell laptop running vista. Is there a way to use google to sync my calendars between the 3?

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I believe there is. There's a couple of apps that will convert from iCal to Google for the Mac, and from Outlook to Google on the PC.

However, it would be much easier (presuming you have a MobileMe account and Outlook on your PC) to go:
    iCal <--> MobileMe <--> Outlook

No Google calendar required. And with MobileMe, you can still edit your calendar online, and iCal can publish a read-only version for anyone to access. May not be the best for people who need heavy business calendaring, but for many users, it works very well.

5. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Agreed. That would definitely be the most ideal way to sync your PC, Mac, and iPhone. I've never tried Google Calendar, but if you're looking for a calendar you can edit/update online, then there really isn't any reason not to just use the MobileMe calendar - it actually works really well.