Syncing iPhoto AND Aperture library using iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maddin4j, Jun 6, 2010.

1. maddin4j macrumors member

Hey everyone!
    I am desperately trying to find a way to sync BOTH my Aperture library and my iPhoto library onto my iPad by using iTunes.

I want to keep the Aperture library separate from my iPhoto library as the Aperture library only contains high res images and raw files whereas the iPhoto library is made up of images which were not taken with a DSLR such as point-and-shoot cameras or mobile phones.

I update both libraries separately so importing the iPhoto library into the Aperture library would not help.

Thanks for your help!

2. ashtongate macrumors member

If I can bump this, Exactly like the OP, I have the same question...

3. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Why separate the two libraries? I did the same thing... I put my raw DSLR pictures in aperture and my iPhone pictures in iPhoto, but now with the newest version of Aperture, a lot of the iphoto features have been implemented in aperture (e.g., places, faces, etc). And aperture is designed in such a way that it can easily handle multiple cameras (through metadata filtering).

Obviously if this solution works well for you, there's no reason to change it... but it would solve the two-library problem.