Syncing iPod Touch & Google Calendar & Contacts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grantdodson, May 13, 2010.

1. grantdodson macrumors newbie

Hey There,

I just got an iPod touch, and I am trying to get it to sync with my Google calendar, so that if I make a change on my iPod, it will automatically make the change on my Google Calendar via Wifi, or worst case scenario, via connecting my iPod to my computer.

I am also hoping to sync my contacts from Gmail to my iPod touch as well. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Clearly I am not a very computer savvy, so any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Peace.
    Grant

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

simply follow this, also gives you the option so fully sync email too is fully push

3. piano4tay macrumors newbie

Syncing iPod Touch & Google Calendar & Contacts

Hi, I have the same problem as the OP & have followed the instructions on the link you give - (repeatedly! Over several days!) My Ipod just hangs between stages 11 & 12 (after 'Press Next at the top of your screen again') then goes back to the main app screen after hibernating...I've managed to setup syncing with just gmail using imap (as here https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77702), but I need to sync calendar and contacts too.

The irritating thing is I managed to do this once quite easily when I first got my iPod at Xmas, then somehow recently managed to delete my mail account on the iPod & haven't been able to set it up again since. Any help much appreciated!

Mark