Syncing issue with iOS 5 Beta, anyone else having the issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xystence, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

I know that iOS 5 is a beta, I get that part. I am simply wondering if anyone else has run into this issue with the beta or any past iOS versions. Every search I've done has said that if I factory restore the phone and try it, it should fix it but it still did it. I am wondering if its something I am doing wrong. Here is the problem.

When I sync my phone, any apps I have deleted on the phone traditionally would then still be removed after it syncs. The phone tells iTunes I've deleted it and iTunes unchecked it in the apps screen. With iOS 5 beta (all versions), this is not the case. I can delete apps off my phone, sync with iCloud with no problem, but as soon as i sync with iTunes, it loads the apps I delete back on, even in some cases apps I never downloaded to iTunes, it downloads them first during the sync process. I have checked all of the settings including in the main settings. I disabled the options to auto sync new apps, and disabled the push to all devices options.

I cannot figure this out at all. It does not seem to be happening to anyone I know personally, but I am wondering what could be causing it if its not a beta problem. I revert back to iOS 4 and it seems fine even with the beta version of iTunes. Its only the beta versions, but for the few people I know testing it, they do not have the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

2. ginc2000 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Assuming that you are on iOS5 B7 and itunes 10.5 B7...

I read somewhere else, that iTunes Beta 7 doesn't support syncing yet. Probably will have to wait until next beta or GM.

3. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

I am using Beta 7 of iOS right now and iTunes Beta 8. The phone syncs perfectly fine, just reinstalls apps I deleted on the phone side.

4. shandyman Suspended

whatever you read was completely wrong, as beta 7 definitely does support it. the only one that didn't was beta 1 and beta 2 for windows......

i've not had your problem, i had a similar one, but that turned out to be that iTunes had re-enabled sync new apps without me knowing in beta 3

5. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I am reinstalling and this time I am going to restore from iCloud and reset my iTunes profile and see if it was a bug there.