Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman1001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
*posted on apple support forum, didn't get a great response*
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2501375&tstart=0

Massive troubles with our existing Mac, iTunes and synching our daughters new touch.

Heres what we want to do. Use one iTunes account (my wifes iPhone is primary device) but be able to connect my daughters new iTouch, synch music, her Gmail, Gmail contacts etc... It is obviously imperative that my daughters iTouch be unique from my wifes iPhone settings, contacts etc....

Here is what happens. When I connect the iTouch the Summary tab states "iTouch name" which tells me that the Mac sees this device as unique. (and now my wifes iPhone)

Next I go to the "Info" tab and select Synch Contacts. Here I input my daughters Gmail info. everything seems well and good.

Upon synching the iTouch, the iTouch DOESN'T synch the gmail settings at all BUT DOES synch all of my wifes iPhone settings contacts (which reside in the MAC address book)

Based on this giant mistake - I want to restore my daughters iTouch to its status pre-synch. Mac preferences state I have a snapshot from earlier today that should be able to select as my backup point. HOWEVER, when I select restore from the summary page, it tells me that the device will be put back to Factory settings and all data lost. How do I select the restore point of this morning?

Based on my experiences it seems that a MAC computer with iTunes is not able to manage more than one device and have each device be totally unique.

Any help or advice here would be very much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.