Syncing just the iTunes *music* between two Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dudup, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dudup macrumors regular

dudup

After digging a lot thru these forums, I couldn't find an solution specific to my case.

So, here's the situation: I have an iMac, which holds my full iTunes Library. Music, movies, podcasts, TV shows, iPhone Apps, you name it. I love it the way it is.

It happens that I'm a DJ and I use my MacBook Air to play music. I love to use iTunes since it works great with Serato, Torq and other DJ software.

Because my library is huge, I can't afford to sync the entire iTunes Library on the MBA. And I don't need to have all my videos or podcasts on it. I just need the music files

Does anyone knows any method of syncing just the music of a iTunes Library between Macs?

Thanks in advance!

2. Borjan macrumors regular

anyone?

I'd like to hear an answer to this too... but I'll be using a external hard drives as my main iTunes library, and want my Macbook to hold just a smaller 'portable' library, just with music, otherwise I'd run out of space!

3. dudup thread starter macrumors regular

dudup

I'm still looking for a good way to do this, but no luck.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

How about this: Keep all media on external hard drives. Set the iTunes source to the external HDDs. That way you eliminate the "only music on MBA" problem, since iTunes will just reference the HDD instead of storing it on the laptop itself. Or, you could just use an iPod classic to play songs. But you need the DJ part, so that might not work.