Syncing Lion with Android

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BLOND37, Nov 5, 2011.

1. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

i know the two dont play nice and to keep a long story short.. does anyone have any advice on how?

i saw a program called syncmate.. supposed to sync anything.. and does say android to mac..

i'm trying to sync cal, contacts.. from macbook pro to android samsung galaxy s2.. two way sync..

2. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

If you have a Gmail account, that probably might be the best way for contacts and calendar. At least that's how I take care of syncing those two with my Nexus S.

3. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you sync phone to native apps on lion? or just so google (web)?

if phone to native apps, how?

4. waynep macrumors 6502

Apple Mail, iCal, and the Address Book will sync with google accounts. I have mine set up to do that. I can use the google web pages or the Apple apps. I also have a Palm WebOS phone and sync it with my google account. So my MBP, phone and goole accounts all have the same data synced. Works fine.

Wayne

5. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I sync the contacts and calendars to both native apps on Lion and to Google.

As for how, System Preferences => Mail, Contacts & Calendar => Add Account => Gmail => type in your details => and there will be a window asking which features you want to use. Voila. With this set, what you change on Gmail will reflect on your phone and native apps. Same can be said if you make changes on native apps or the phone.

6. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

even if the phone is android?
    just a side note things are getting a little overwhelming for me here.. with ths question.. i'm trying to keep up tho.

my goal:

to confirm android <--> native mac apps (lion)

what we need to do:

android <--> google cloud <--> lion