Syncing many ipods to a computer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JJohnson, Feb 19, 2008.

1. JJohnson macrumors newbie

I work for an indie record label, and one of our bands is performing a venue the same date that their first single off of their new album is released.

We wanted to promote this by having fans bring their iPod to the show and have the new single uploaded from a mac stationed at the venue.

Is there a way to do this without having to tell everyone to set their iPods to manual sync before the show, so their libraries aren't erased?

2. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

you'll be able to set it to manually manage, before it erases, but if you want them to be able to sync those songs back to their pc/mac, you'll have to place a second copy in the iPods disk, obviously iphone/itouch doesn't have disk mode...

i've done this many times to give movies & music to my friends, just gave 12 movies to my friend via his nano 3g (2 at a time).

when you plug an ipod set to sync to another library, it asks if you want to sync/erase, choose no/cancel. then goto the ipod's summery in the itunes devices pane, set to manually manage songs/videos. then add the media to either the ipod library, or the ipod's disk (via My Computer/(ipod's name), or on the desktop of Finder)

hope this helps