Syncing multiple calendars between iCal and Gcal in SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pluckie, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Pluckie macrumors member

Hi all,

I was thrilled to discover the (advertised) easy integration in Snow Leopard between iCal and Google Calendar. Additionally, I use Mobile Me to keep everything sync'd between my computers and my iPod touch. But, upon tinkering between iCal and Google Calendar, it seems there is no simple way to integrate multiple iCal calendars with multiple calendars in a single Google Calendar account, in way that allows it to all still sync with Mobile Me. It seems that the sync only works between the "Primary Calendar" of the Google Calendar (the first calendar created in the account) and iCal -- there's no way to also.

The closest I can seem to get is to have my primary account with google calendar sync'd (say, with my personal calendar), and then have "Delegate" calendars linked up with my work, class, etc calendars. But, none of these calendars "delegate" or "primary" seem to want to sync with Mobile Me.

I'm hoping the MacRumors Army might have some ideas... Is spanning sync the only solution?

Thanks,

Peter

2. Ooz Guest

Not offering help, but I also noticed that iCal appointments don't sync with Gcal. It's only Gcal that syncs-up within your iCal.

That would have been perfect now, wouldn't it?

3. epologee macrumors newbie

I'm having little to no issues with the synching back and forth, but the lack of support for multiple google calendars is kinda silly, especially since one would expect that the design of iCal is already well adapted to having multiple calendars.

:confused:

Would love to hear when someone comes up with a solution, thanks for posting the subject Peter!