Syncing multiple iphoto libraires

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by glocke12, Oct 1, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I have a MBP, and and imac that have different iphoto libraries I would like to sync up...

In each library there are also duplicates of photos...

Is there a piece of software that would allow me to sync each library so that they both have the same content, and is there also something that would go through and pick out duplicate photos?

2. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I will bump this for you as this would help me out as well. I carry my MacBook around with me to share photos from my camera, but my main iPhoto library (and where I do my editing) resides on my Mac Mini at my house.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

You can use something like iPhoto Library Manager to merge the two libraries. So then you would have one larger library. I know you can sync them, but have not really looked into that as I have no need for it.

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I actually tried this, but it never worked quite right. I would always end up with duplicate photos and events. I keep hoping for an update, but am not holding my breath.

I found this a few minutes ago:

http://www.haystacksoftware.com/iphotosync/

I am going to try that out tonight.

Wes

5. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I haven't had a chance to try it yet (still at work), but I am glad you are part of the forums. Also, thanks for the email address if I run into problems. :)

Wes