syncing my ical on my new macbook pro with my new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jino, Sep 5, 2009.

1. jino macrumors newbie

hi i just got my macbook pro and itouch a couple weeks back i was wondering how i can sync my ical schedule i have on my pro with my itouch. im not trying to sync contacts, but just my work schedule and other things. I dont want to use mobileme since i have to pay so i was wondering if theres another way.

thanks for the help

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Google contacts does a good job and will sync with both.

3. jino thread starter macrumors newbie

okay so i tried syncing my ical through google but I think i messed up because not only did it no sync, but now i cant add events in my ical calender and my entire schedule is gone. i tried adding a new calender but that wont work and i cant go into the preferences of my ical. i think i possibly deleted or changed something by accident.

btw when im on ical and i click the apple button and click services, theres nothing there so maybe thats what got screwed up? idk please hit me back asap!

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have Yahoo mail premium and have contacts and calendar on Yahoo and it syncs to the iPod Touch very easily.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

If you just want to sync when you are attached to the Mac you can check that in iTunes to sync.

The hands off i can only help with a solution you probably don't need since you have Leopard that connects to g-cal.

I use CalGoo to do it on my Tiger machine, it doesn't sync with Google.

http://www.calgoo.com/connect/index.do;jsessionid=C4EBD9D8349684C15A1CBADD419DD37D

I have iCal syncing to MobileMe (i had it before) to share with my mom, BUT, CalGoo also sends the data g-cal and then it pulls down to my Touch for Pocket INformant to use. All 3 (4) calendars are in sync at all times if i'm near wifi, otherwise there is that lag until i'm connected it.

I honestly thought it was going to be a pain, but it works seamlessly at the moment - and my calendar on my Treo remains out of sync because it's a PITA to get it to sync to my laptop.

I can say i had a horrid time trying to get from iCal on a Leopard machine to google with the built in do-hickey. I was trying to go up from my machine, down from MM to my Leopard Mini, then up to Google. Allow me to use the words: FAIL and SLOW. LOL!

The solution i'm using now is fast and reliable.

I'm not sure if ANY of that helps at all.....

6. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Wait, so you don't want to use the feature in iTunes?

edit: I won't bump so i'll edit. glad everything worked out for you :)

7. jino thread starter macrumors newbie

oh i found out the itunes version of the sync. i reccommend this actually versus google since this is very simple.

I had a problem with my ical, but was quickly resolved as i called apple support. i have to say they're very friendly and quick to respond. 5 stars out of 5 for apple support.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Oh good!

I would really recommend this too unless you have the need to upgrade to Pocket Informant (which, is really an awesome calendar and worth the $12), and or need to share your cal with someone.

And yes, overall, except for one horrid exception, my Apple support has been wonderful. That one was bad enough Apple sent me a free time capsule for my troubles (and yesterday, the genius asked who it was that caused the issue and wasn't surprised to hear about it.... i was however surprised to hear he is still working in APPLE CARE though, ye gads, i'll hang up if i ever get him).

ANYWAY, i'm glad you sorted it out, cheaply and easily!

9. pagejn macrumors newbie

I can't sync my ipod with ical

Hi,
    I just bought an ipod touch and i use iCal all the time on my mac. I don't see a way to sync it with my ipod touch though. When I go to 'info' in itunes under my ipod it only shows the following things 'sync address book contacts, sync yahoo! address book contacts and sync google contacts' I use iCal on my mac and want what I have on my mac to be transferred to my ipod. Is there no way to do that?
    THanks

10. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Connect iPod to your mac. in iTunes, highlight your iPod and under one of the tabs it should list the option to sync Calendars via iTunes.