Syncing my iMac with my MPB

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zachlegomaniac, Aug 3, 2011.

1. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Hello,

I use an iMac and MPB to run my small design business. Both are backed up regularly by time machine and two separate external hard drives.

I am running Lion on both machines and have thunderbolt ports on each machine as well as one thunderbolt cable.

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to keep the two machines synced on a regular basis. Right now I am using Airdrop any time I save a file on one computer, which can obviously become tedious. It seems that if I want to use the external hard drive to sync one machine or the other (without picking each file like Airdrop) I have to start from scratch with the transfer (200 GB).

I tried to search "Sync Macs," on the forums, but didn't find anything. I know this might be a rudimentary question, but I haven't ever had to keep two (or more) computers on the same page before.

Basically: what's the easiest way to keep the two computers synced without breaking the bank without having to transfer files one at a time (if possible)?

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Zach

2. simsaladimbamba

3. zachlegomaniac thread starter macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac