Syncing my iPod with iTunes...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wimic, Feb 9, 2011.

1. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7C146)

When I got my 3G, iPod touch I initially transferred all of the music on my pc to it. I have since downloaded over 100 apps and over 300 songs from iTunes directly to my iPod. I need to upgrade my software (am unable to download certain apps) but am afraid to connect my iPod to iTunes and sync it because I'm scared that I'll lose all of my songs/ apps (along with my mind!!) if I do this! Anyone have any idea how to get around this??

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It will transfer all of your apps and songs to your computer first. Once that is done, you can update the software. I assume your not jailbroken right?

3. wimic thread starter macrumors regular

wimic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7C146)

Nope not jail broken! So just click sync? I was actually going to try it, but I was too nervous!

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

plug it it. dont hit sync yet. It should come up but if it doesn't go to file and then transfer purchases.