Syncing my Mac's Safari bookmarks with a Windows browser? (ideally Chrome)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by alexjholland, Jul 14, 2011.

1. alexjholland macrumors 6502

Hey, I have two Macs, an iPad and iPhone all synced in perfect harmony with MobileMe. Sadly I have to use a Windows laptop at work, with which I'd also look bookmark-harmony.

It's pretty slow, so internet explorer isn't great. Chrome is much faster.

I just installed the Windows MobileMe app.

- Firstly, it only syncs with Internet Explorer, not Chrome. I have since told Chrome to sync with Internet Explorer's bookmarks (whether it does this constantly like MobileMe from now on, I don't know)

- Also, rather than my Bookmark Bar and Bookmark Folder going to the correct place; they're just folders inside my bookmarks folder. I could move them, but new bookmarks won't do this automatically.

Is there any way to get any kind of Windows browser to sync perfectly with Safari on my Macs, just like my Macs do with each other, with the Bookmark Bar and Folders in the correct place?

Perhaps Safari for Windows?..

2. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

I just installed Safari for Windows. Bookmarks folder is now in the right place, but Bookmarks Bar is just a folder in the generic Bookmarks folder called 'links2'.

Is there a way to make this automatically be on the Safari Windows Bookmarks Bar?

I'm aware I could drag-and-drop, but whenever I update and add links at home on my Mac they won't update automatically here.

I'm surprised Apple are satisfied with this situation..