Syncing Notes: iPhone & Mac. Not merging

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by moredrunkmale, Aug 22, 2010.

1. moredrunkmale macrumors member

Im having some problems.

What i want to do is create a note on my iPhone, say a shopping list of 10 items. Currently this note IS syncing with my mac and it appears after at most 15 minutes in my mac mail note section.

However if i then edit that note in mac mail, say i add 5 more items; then this creates a NEW note in iphone, and vice versa, if i add 5 more items to my iphone note (after the initial sync) the mac mail note section adds the is a new note.

How do i ge these to merge?

2. moredrunkmale thread starter macrumors member

Mobile Me: Notes Sub-Folders

Hi, i wanted to move all my notes to the single MobileMe folder for simplicity. But when i drag'n'droppped all my notes into "MobileMe notes", it created a subfolder, indexed via a dropdown arrow.

How can i just have a simple;

v-Reminders
    -Notes

Setup with all my old notes before i got MobileMe in the notes folder, fully synced across all devices.

Cheers

3. moredrunkmale thread starter macrumors member

Bump.

This is a very simple question.

Can i have each note, fully editable by ech device, and this will all happen on the same note.

currently if i create note A on my iphone, and then i THIS note in mac mail. Mobile me sends a new not to my iphone, what makes more sense is to just merege the two notes.