Syncing notes - multiple devices, icloud

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ohoffman10, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ohoffman10 macrumors newbie

Guys we have executives here that use Notes on their IOS devices. One in particular has literally HUNDREDS that he wants to sync from his phone to his new ipad. Simply turning the feature ON isn't doing the trick between the two devices. The ipad (the new device) isn't showing any of his existing notes.

So what is the easiest way to do this and get the devices to share all of his existing, plus new, notes? Done some googling and having problems figuring this out. Ideally it would be nice if we could solve this problem without having to plug anything in and sync with itunes on a PC.

Suggestions? Thanks

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Most likely the notes created on the iPhones were saved to the iPhones rather than to iCloud.

Attached Files:

3. ohoffman10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where did you go to get at that screen? I have notes on mine and they are local to the device but I can't seem to find that particular screen. That would at least let me confirm the situation on his devices.

If they are local, how do we get them INTO the cloud so we can get them onto his other device?

4. ohoffman10 thread starter macrumors newbie

*bump*

Is there no way to get the 300+ notes that were created on the phone to sync with the other devices he has?

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i wouldve thought that the minute you select icloud to back up notes, that they will eventually sync. i know it may not be instant, but once its on, it should start the sync.

6. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

7. annaharris macrumors member

iCloud is the best and easiest way for you. You just take a backup to iCloud from iOS device. Then sync that backup data into the iPad from iCloud by using same id. Your notes will be transferred...