Syncing of docs between iCloud and Macs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MrSmith, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Suppose I have documents in iCloud and on two Macs.

1) Change any one of the three and the other two automatically update. Is that how it will work?

2) If I start a new document in iCloud will it automatically be stored on my Mac, too? And vice versa?

2. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

1) Yes

2) if you start a document from the cloud, then all devices can access it but it won't save it to the hard rice on your computer

3. MrSmith thread starter macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Thanks for your reply. So if I want it on all three, how do I do it? And what about documents I already have? How do I share those between all three places? I don't really understand the basics :-(

4. Bear macrumors G3

Documents that were created on my iPad do sync to the Mac and are on the disk there.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Incorrect, I created a Pages document in iCloud Beta and it appears on my Mac HD in /Library/Mobile Documents/ just like all other iCloud documents.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

All 3 work. Moving Documents you already have is simple. You open them then click on the Title down arrow. Then click on Where and choose iCloud.