Syncing old iPad notes to new iPhone notes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PCKid, Oct 9, 2016.

1. PCKid macrumors newbie

PCKid

my wife has an old iPad 2 with a huge number of notes. Since she is runnning iOS 6 the old notes had no undo or backup. She also has a new iPhone SE runnning iOS 9.3. The notes are blank. I want to sync her iPad notes to her new iPhone SE. Had past experience with the flaky iCloud completely wiping her calendar not merging. If I turn on iCloud note syncing on her iPhone will the iPad notes come across safely? Or is there another way to do it?

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

This should be the way to do it. Make sure your notes on the iPad are backed up, either to iTunes or to the cloud before you begin. Best success!

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You need to check which account the Notes are stored under. Notes can be in the iCloud account, another email account, or "on my iPad." If they are stored under iCloud, signing your iPhone in to the same iCloud account will bring the notes over. If on another email account, add that email account to your iPhone, and enable Notes for that account. If the notes are "on my iPad," you'll need to move them to iCloud.

If you need detailed instructions for any of these methods, let me know.