Syncing only through the cloud now??

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bigpoppamac31, Nov 3, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

So from what I now understand syncing contacts, calendars and such from iOS7 to Mavericks can only be done through iCloud. Is this right?? That in itself makes me not want to upgrade to Mavericks.

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Correct. There is no option to manually sync your contacts back and forth through iTunes in Mavericks. It's the cloud (icloud or any other cardav or cardav account) or nothing.

I personally use icloud but I think taking this option away is ridiculous.

3. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

So when I plug in my iPhone to my Mac via USB it will only sync my music, movies and Apps? Everything else is through the "cloud"? That is ridiculous but it's just one more step in forcing people to put their life data on the internet. it's like the only way to escape is to live in a cave with no technologies whatsoever.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Well then staying with Mountain Lion for the foreseeable future.

Am not putting any private information on the cloud for these companies to mine, sell, re-sell, market, big-data blah-blah. They can say all day my data are encrypted, I don't care.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Mavericks removed SyncServices from iTunes.
    That eliminates the entire "Info" tab and its contents

6. BigRedOne macrumors regular

Now I know why my Calendar is not syncing between my iPhone 5 and my iMac. It appears they want to map who we know and where we go. It is a darn shame.