Syncing Outlook contacts across small network

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DarkHeraldMage, Dec 15, 2008.

1. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

This doesn't really pertain to Windows specifically on a mac, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. And I refuse to use Windows forums because they're dumb and rude and not worth listening to. :p

Anyways, I have a friend who's trying to set up a shared contact list between his family's computers at home. There are two desktops and a laptop. Currently one computer has all the contacts and birthdays and stuff in Outlook, but he'd like the other two to have it as well. And if something is updated on one, obviously he wants it so sync to the others.

I'm sure a 3rd party app is necessary, but the more free the better. We tried using something called Kigoo and it works okay except for the fact that you can only view your contacts on the Contact tab of Outlook; you can't pull them up in the address book or anywhere else, and you can't use categories since it's through gmail and their horrible labels.

Any ideas anyone? Please. I'm really wanting to get this working for him, and I am sure it can be done. Will love you long time if you can help. :eek:

2. DarkHeraldMage thread starter macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Okay, since I didn't get any feedback I ended up going with a program called Ogg Sync. It's $30 annually, but I believe it will do what needs to be done. The only drawback is that since it's through Gmail, contacts can't have categories anymore, but he'll have to get over that I suppose.