Syncing phone to get #'s stores on SIM card

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyebeaz, Jul 5, 2007.

1. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I want to get the #'s off my phone that are stores on the SIM card and save them to my computer. Is there any application that does this? I have tried using iSync but my phone (Motorola Razr) was apparently not supported and would not sync. Thanks in advance!

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Huh, I have a Razr too, and while it's with Verizon, it's still a Razr and I was able to sync all of my phone numbers over to my computer completely painlessly. I wasn't even actually looking to do that but it opened and I thought, what the hell? Turns out it was very useful for getting my address book started. What kind of error are you getting in iSync? Just that your phone isn't supported?

3. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly how did you do that? I finally got the phone to sync, but all it does is puts my address book contacts on the phone, not the other way around.

4. MiniMan. macrumors regular

i think to sync the contacts from the phone to the computer the contacts have to be saved to the phone not the sim card in the phone!

But on motorolas there is a way to copy all addresses to the phone then sync it?

Hope this helps

-MiniMan

5. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea you are correct I finally figured this out.. #'s stored on the SIM card are not even detected, only those on saved to the phone. Thanks!

6. polycat33 macrumors 6502

The sync transferred all numbers from phone to comp and from comp to phone. However, I had only the apple address book entry in my address book, but that one did transfer to phone and all my phone numbers on cell transferred to comp.

7. iforaneye macrumors newbie

help!

Ok- I am a novice. Have a verizon razr- vc3. how do I sync my contacts? Do I need a wire from the phone to the computer? I have no idea. Please help- I ama total novice- just got the iphone, but have no idea on how to get my contacts into the iphone. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!