Syncing Photos to my iPod Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jborkdugan, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jborkdugan macrumors newbie

So I've run into a bit of a problem I cant seem to figure out...

I have a folder with about 293MB of photos in it. I would like to put these photos on my iPod Touch...

Now my iPod touch has over 350MB of free space, according to the little iTunes Bar-Graph Thing. However, when I attempt to sync my folder of photos to my iPod, I get a message saying I don't have enough room on my iPod, claiming that I am attempting to move over 500MB of data into my 350MB of free space.

So why, when I am attempting to sync photos, does it take so much more space than the actual size of the photos? In addition, the resolution of these photos are 500 x 500 or more...So when iTunes reformats them (Which it does, doesn't it?) Shouldnt they be getting even SMALLER?

Any help on how I can sync as many photos as possible, and why it does this would be much appreciated. Thanks =)

2. Jborkdugan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. QWho2005 macrumors newbie

Ipods require a certain amount of free space by default...
    Maybe delete music that you don't listen to that often?

Sorry, maybe someone else knows something I don't.

4. Alex1411 macrumors newbie

Copy pictures to Photo folder in the memory of the iPod like USB!

5. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I've run into this as well and have been able to work around it.

First, I sync to remove the music (85% of my touch's capacity) by unchecking the playlist I have setup for the touch and leaving it off.

Then I do a second sync with the photos but still no music.

Finally, I sync one more time with the music playlist checked again.

I don't know whether it's a bug in iTunes, or because the process requires some unspecified, but insufficient swap space on the touch, it works by doing it this way.