Syncing photos ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eldiablojoe, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Ok, I know I can sync across photo albums from my computer to my iPhone via iTunes syncing. How can I sync pix on my iPhone's camera roll onto my computer (PC, XP OS) so that I can clean up and organize my camera roll into folders and then sync them back thereby producing a wonderfully organized set of photo folders on my iPhone?

Thanks!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can't.

However, you can copy the pics from your camera roll to a folder and then sync that folder to your iPhone. It won't be in the camera roll, FYI. I have a folder on my computer which I call "iPhone pics" for that purpose.

3. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

A-HA!!! with the help of a guy over at TiPB, Tramain, I got it figured out. Simply go into your Windows My Computer and note that the iPhone is listed as a device, just an an external hard drive or a flash drive would be (Make sure iPhone is plugged into computer via USB).

Then create a folder called "My iPhone" or whatever. Inside that folder create sub folders for your various categories (family, friends, work, funnies, misc, etc.).

Then you can copy over all the stuff from your iPhone's cameral roll into the new "My iPhone" and its subfolders.

Then when you sync your iPhone via iTunes, click on the Photos Tab, and click "Sync from Selected Folder," picking your My iPhone folder. Then check or uncheck the various subfolders you want.

There ya go!

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Which is what I told you. :D

5. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Yes Aggie, you did, but I didn't understand it very clearly. I should have mentioned in my directions below, that the folder created called "My iPhone" or whatever should be created in your Windows or My Pictures, not on iPhone device.