Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
i can't sync my ipod touch. the battery would not last 24 hours when i did not even use it. i took it into apple store today and they rebooted it. i came home and tried to sync it to my imac. it syncs 2 songs and then i get a message:
"...required disk cannot be found..."

i disconnected it and reconnected it and again it synced 2-3 songs and then i got a message:
"..attempting to connect to disk failed. the device is not connected..."

my ipod no longer is shown on itunes.

what shld i do?
thank you

LenM

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Synching problems

I am having similar problems. I cannot synch my photos. Everything synchs except the photo library. Truly strange. This is what I'd recommend to you to fix your problem, which is worse than mine. At least this will get it functional again. First run disk utilities to repair permissions on your base computer. See if your ipod touch shows up in itunes after that. If it does not, (even if it does this will fix many of your problems) open your ipod touch's settings, scroll down to General and select "erase all content and settings". Then reattach it to your computer. treat it like a new ipod when it comes up on your itunes, rename the ipod touch something different than whatever it is called now - it will rewrite all software and content as though it were new right out of the box. good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.