Syncing Reminders

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mpavilion, Jun 1, 2016.

1. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

I don't use Reminders on both iPhone and iPad (only phone), because iCloud doesn't seem to "push" a reminder added on one device to the other device, until you open the Reminders app in the other device.

For example: if you create a Reminder on the iPad in the morning, set for later in the day (when you'll only have your phone on you), your phone won't remind you, because the reminder won't have "populated" onto your phone... unless, that is, you make a point to open the app on your phone later that morning, to activate the sync (and in that case, you may as well just have created the Reminder there in the first place).

Seems crazy that timed Reminders (with alerts attached) should work this way -- it's not like syncing Notes, where changes don't need to be populated until you open the app. Am I missing a "push" setting or something that should make the sync happen in the background? Thx

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Had the issue when I first upgraded to iOS 9. I signed out of iCloud on my two iDevices and re-enabled. That shook loose whatever handshaking issue was going on.

Other than that, no, there is not any push/background-update switches to set for Reminder, Calendar, Contacts, etc (aka the iCloud sync items).