Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
I've been battling a syncing issue for probably a couple of years as have others.

Anyway, that's not the point of this post, though related. I tried syncing my iPhone 5s using IOS8, first time. I wanted to update my music. I got the dreaded "waiting for items to copy" message at the end (step 6 out of 6) that never goes away. I canceled the sync and tried again. Same thing. Then I did a sync and unchecked off the box, "sync music." Then I got the dreaded "other" that filled up the status bar on bottom rendering a sync impossible. Or it could have been the other way around - that happened before I did the sync with no music.

So, what now?... I forgot how I used to fix this as I haven't had this problem for a while (see below). I tried restore and it tried to install IOS8... again! ***** if I was gonna make this an all day project so I canceled. Do I need to do a reset?

[My syncing issues lessened tremendously when I unchecked the option to make the files smaller.]

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
I restored my i5 last week without a hitch.

Now I can't restore a backup of the i5 to my new i6. (NB: the i5 is running iOS 7)

Am very frustrated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.