Syncing ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jsquared, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

Everytime you want to add a new (not bought through iTunes) ringtone, does it have to be synced? Or can you do this manually? I've created two and each time the only way I can add it to my phone I have to sync all or selected ringtones, and it warns me that all music and video currently on the iPhone will be removed to add the ringtones. It's a pain to add everything back. Any suggestions?

2. jcs1088 macrumors regular

I was wondering why it was like that too, until today. I was able to just drag and drop ringtones manually into my phone and delete them like any other file.

3. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Add your ringtone to itunes first, then just drag that ringtone from itunes to your phone. No need to sync.

4. strokesimon macrumors newbie

where are ringtones located once on your phone? Sounds? Or somewhere in the ipod?

5. apple. macrumors member

cant you do this?

like on the ringtone tab?
    choose which one you want or get all of them to sync?

Attached Files:

6. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

I can but when I do it tells me it is going to remove all the music,videos, etc in order to sync. I think I overlooked that I had "Manually Manage Music" checked so if I decide to sync something it unchecks that box and wants to add medi via sycning only. When I havethe time I'll make another ringtone and try to just click and drag and see what happens. But I have the feeling it won't work.

7. apple. macrumors member

okay,
    well, update me:]