Home Syncing Room Names and Wallpaper in HomeKit

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Jkingsle, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jkingsle macrumors newbie

I have an extensive HomeKit setup with about 10 rooms and 50 devices. I access it on 2 iPads and 1 iPhone. The Wallpapers and names of the rooms do not sync across the devices. If I create a room, it propagates across devices, but when I add a Wallpaper or change the name it does not propagate these changes across the devices. The devices and their statuses do propagate just fine.

I went to the Genius Bar and they looked at it and thought perhaps it was a bug, but weren't sure -- thought it might be fixed in iOS 11.

Anyone else have any experience here with this?

Thanks.

2. robnbill macrumors member

We have a large number of HK devices -- Lutron, Eve, Ecobee, Schlage. We have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones running latest versions.

Wallpaper - does not sync. I don't think it's designed to do that.
    Rooms - For us, does sync.

If you sign out and sign back in it may resolve the issue - or not. Since your devices sync - rooms should too.

3. gildorn macrumors newbie

Wallpapers do not sync.

Rooms (and names), Favorites, device names, and device order all sync for me.

4. profets macrumors 68040

I see the same thing - rooms, devices, automations all sync, but wallpaper does not. Hopefully they do include wallpaper as part of the syncing in the future.