Syncing specific albums on my Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GtotheK, Jul 30, 2009.

1. GtotheK macrumors member

Hi all,
    This has really been bothering me and I feel stupid if this is simple to do, but I can't sync specific albums to my iphone thru itunes. It only allows me to sync the last album, last 3 albums, last 5, etc...am I missing something? Can't I just sync specific albums? Is there some sort of preference I need to check off in Itunes? Please advise.

Thanks!

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

This works for me, idk if it'll work for what you want, but most of the time I just make certain music albums into playlists, then sync only selected playlists :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm confused too. :confused:

If music, the easiest way is to just create a dummy playlist that you make your iPhone playlist, and then copy all the albums into it.

If photos, I think you have to explain what software (and what OS) you're using... I don't recall settings to sync the last x albums. Only a checklist of which ones you want.

Or.... :confused:

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

If you're talking about music albums, you can set up a smart playlist and then sync this onto your phone.

I've set up one which contains every song/album rated at 4 stars or more. Works a treat...

6. GtotheK thread starter macrumors member

crap I'm sorry, I totally forgot to mention these are Photo albums that i can't sync, not music.

7. GtotheK thread starter macrumors member

let me elaborate a bit more...when i sync my iphone thru itunes, and click on the photos tab, i can't select specific albums from my iphoto library, only the last 1, 3, 5...can't i just choose one or 3 albums that aren't chronologically ordered by dates i created the albums? it's really annoying! individual albums don't display and i can't click on any in the display box

8. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Thats because you don't have any albums in iPhoto. You have events.

Create some albums in iphoto and then you will be able to sync them.

edit: To clarify
    Albums are the things on the left hand side of iPhoto under the heading 'Albums'
    iPhoto stores all images by default as Events (under the 'events' heading on the top left)

9. GtotheK thread starter macrumors member

OHHH! Is there anyway to sync "events"? or will i have to just copy an event and make it into an album?

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The latter, I believe.