Syncing stopped working - iOS 5 beta 2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MadMonkey, Jun 28, 2011.

1. MadMonkey macrumors newbie

MadMonkey

Has anyone else experienced any issues syncing (USB/wired) with the iOS beta 2? Everything was working fine in that area while using beta 1, but stopped immediately with the update to beta 2. NOTHING syncs. No matter what type of changes I make in iTunes, as soon as I click the sync button it says "waiting for changes to reconcile" for about 1-2 seconds, then nothing. No errors. Just nothing.

I've tried changing settings to movies, music, and general settings in order to hopefully convince it to sync but nothing seems to work. I also noticed that they sync option is no longer present when I right-click the iPhone device name in iTunes.

Anyone else seen (and hopefully cured lol) this behavior? Thanks in advance for any info you may have! :)

2. TW95 macrumors member

I did have some problems with the Beta 2, none of my apps where loading on. Not sure why so I downgraded to Beta 1.

But I haven't seen many people complaining so it could just be a random thing?

To be honest if it isn't working go back to Beta 1 for now and report the bug to Apple by clicking here/URL]

3. MadMonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

MadMonkey

Thanks for the advice! I didn't know you could roll back to a previous version once you updated! Is that as straightforward as just loading the old IPSW file like I did for beta 1? if so I'm gonna go ahead and do that and then just wait for beta 3 ;)

Thanks again!

4. TW95 macrumors member

Yeah it is as simple as that, make sure you have a recent backup that you can use first. Then click restore whilst holding alt on Mac or shift on PC and click on the iOS 5 Beta 1 ISPW. I'm assuming you still have it? If you do not have the ISPW file I can assist you if required.

5. falcon212 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue ? TS, did u manage to solve it ?

6. bwhitta macrumors regular

I've been spending an hour trying to get all of my apps to sync. I restored beta 2 as a new phone. I noticed that if you were to try to install all of your apps and then make a change in iTunes and apply the changes while a sync is taking place, then all of the apps that were loading remain "waiting" and unloaded. Before I restored, I was having an error pop up after the "reconciling" step that said something like my phone "couldn't be found". I haven't had that problem since I restored though. I just added every app that I wanted in one sync and then I made changes to the format. When I change to position of apps on the phone and sync, the new format is reflected in iTunes. The same happens when I change app placement in iTunes - the new placement appears on the phone. Everything seems to be working now, so it's as if the key to avoiding app sync problems is to not change anything while a sync is occurring.

7. bwhitta macrumors regular

Well now I can't sync at all. Getting the "connection could not be established" error.